Includes architecture, technologies and API information as well as description of use cases and demonstrators.
The EASI-CLOUDS project aims at advancing cloud computing in Europe as well as in Egypt and Korea which contribute to this endeavour.
The objective of EASI-CLOUDS is to provide a comprehensive cloud computing infrastructure. This infrastructure will feature the three classical categories of cloud computing offerings – Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) – with superior reliability, elasticity, security and ease-of-use characteristics at all levels. Moreover, to promote an efficient, trusted system, this cloud infrastructure will include:
- standardized interfaces allowing service portability,
- a powerful service composition and orchestration framework,
- facilities for cloud interoperability and federation,
- advanced SLA (Service Level Agreement) management to help guarantee the required QoS (Quality of Service),
- facilities for capacity planning, provisioning, accounting, and billing that are needed to operate a true cloud services market place and an efficient pay-per-use business model.